Sunday, September 24, 2006

Brian Email 8-11-05

Subject: From your favorite missionary

Hey family,

Thanks a billion for the package, I really appreciate the ties and the
kool-aid mix. With Spanish people it's nothing but orange juice, I like
to have something else when I get home tired. The chocolate was a
little melty because of my metal mailbox, but it's in the fridge now.
Thanks again.

I met a guy who knows the Claremont Harrises, he's the high councilman
for the Spanish branch, and he told me I have the "Harris look". His
name is Ed Allen. He remembers dad, and Don and Gayle, and Caroline,
but doesn't remember the younger ones too well. He was wondering how
you're all doing. I think he took Caroline on a few dates. He gives
you all his greetings, and wanted to wish Grandma and Grandpa good luck,
he respects them a lot.

And in other news, I didn't get transferred this week, but my companion
did. I now have another greenie (they just keep coming...) named Elder
Olson from Ephraim, Utah. I'm also district leader and I'll be working
with one of the Spanish sisters I knew in Charlotte, Sister Packer. Her
companion is brand new also, and she's from Mexico called to speak
English. They'll be working in the English ward and focusing on English
work, but if they run into any Spanish people they'll be able to help.
Also, when we have single sisters, they can go visit them. I have a lot
of stuff to deal with that I didn't have before, there's always one more
challenge to be added. It's going to be fun though. I have two
greenies in my district, and Sister Packer has only been out one
transfer more than I have. We'll see how it all goes.

My companion seems pretty cool. I haven't had much time to get to know
him yet, but he strikes me as someone who doesn't want to have any
problems in the companionship. He wants to just go with the flow, which
is good I guess. I think he's the kind of person that won't get
offended if I or others correct him. I'll have to write more when I
know more though. Those are just my first impressions.

Everything is going well here, we have had some more cool tracting
experiences, the work is moving forward. I don't know. I'm pretty
tired, so I'm not thinking of anything to write. Have a great week.

Love, Elder Brian Harris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home